seems like it was just yesterday

back at college
i realized
how that stretch of road outside college
brings back so many memories
from the times we went out after my class
to me skipping class for you - something you never knew (:
to you sending me home after college - loved how sweet you were back then (:
then i see
as i get out of the campus
people going home
random people, college mates
walking in twos
holding hands
some who look like they're from diff worlds
yet not afraid of what others say
or think
just
holding hands
walking down that road
getting into their cars
going home
or spending time together
and i stand there
alone
thinking
what went wrong?
it wasn't that long ago
when it was happening to me
and
i just stood there
watching the cars pass my by
entwined hands
fading in the distance
then i turned my head
and walked away...

No Response to "seems like it was just yesterday"

Post a Comment